Introduction to Clinical Medicine
Introduction to Clinical Medicine
- Clinical Anatomy
- An Online Examination of Human Anatomy and Physiology, Get Body Smart
- Anatomy, Dartmouth College
- Anatomy, Function, and Innervation of Muscles, Loyola University — Collection of drawings and information for all major muscles.
- Anatomy (Gross, Neuro, Histology, etc) Resources, University of Wisconsin
- Anatomy of the Female Pelvis, Stanford University
- Anatomy of the Nerves, Muscles, Bones, and Arteries, Loyola University — Excellent collection of drawings organized by organ system.
- Comprehensive Anatomy Site, University of Utah
- Digital Anatomists Project, University of Washington — Interesting collection of simulated dissections, various parts of the body.
- Downstate University School of Medicine Anatomy
- Gray’s Anatomy
- Gross Anatomy Dissection Videos, University of Wisconsin
- Gross Anatomy, University of Arkansas for Medical Students — Extensive collection of gross anatomy images.
- Gross Anatomy, University of Michigan — Extensive collection of anatomic pictures, description of dissections, quizzes, etc.
- Gross Anatomy, University of Vienna — Collection of anatomic dissections in 3D and cross section.
- Interactive Anatomy with nice graphics, Wake Forest University
- Loyola University Cross Sectional Anatomy — Images are labeled and arranged by regions of the body. Collection includes CT and MRI correlates.
- Surface Anatomy, University of Michigan — Review of musculoskeletal surface anatomy.
- The Anatomy Lesson — A good overview of gross anatomy, with excellent descriptive text and images.
- University of Utah Cross Sectional Anatomy — Images arranged by region of the body.
- Winking Skull — Anatomy Review
- Yale Anatomy Clinic — Excellent, comprehensive site that covers Yale Med School Anatomy Curriculum (designed to be integrated and clinically focused).
- Visual 3-d anatomy app
Effective Communication Skills
Patient-Centered Interviewing Technique I
Patient-Centered Interviewing Technique II
Physical Exam Lecture Series
Past Medical History I
Past Medical History II
Review of Systems I
Review of Systems II
Head and Neck I
Head and Neck II
The Eye Exam I
The Eye Exam II
The Heart Exam I
The Heart Exam II
Heart Sounds I
Heart Sounds II
- Auscultation Assistant, University of California, Los Angeles — Audio files of selected normal and abnormal heart sounds and murmurs.
- BP Simulator
- Cardiac Examination, Case Western University
- Easy Auscultation — Assorted heart sounds.
- Heart and Lung Sounds, 3M
- Heart Sounds and Murmurs, University of Washington School of Medicine — Audio files of selected normal and abnormal heart sounds and murmurs.
- Heart Sounds, Angio/Cath Review, Anatomy Imaging (3D)
- Heart Sounds Tutorial, Blaufuss Medical — Audio files of selected normal and abnormal heart sounds and murmurs.
- Heart sounds auscultation primer app
- Littmann SoundBuilder app
- iStethoscope Expert — Heart Sounds App
The Lung Exam I
The Lung Exam II
Lung Sounds I
Lung Sounds II
Abdominal Exam I
Abdominal Exam II
The Pelvic Examination
Male Genital/Rectal Exam
The Upper Extremities
The Lower Extremities
Foot and Ankle
Mental Status Exam
Physical Exam Check Lists
History and Physical Examination Write-ups
- History and Physical Examination III
- History and Physical Examination IV
- History and Physical Examination Examples
- Pediatric H&P Example
- Advanced Physical Diagnosis, University of Washington, School of Medicine — Review of selected aspects of the physical exam.
- Breast Exam, Harvard Medical School
- Dartmouth Doctoring Year 1 (Basic Physical Exam)
- Dartmouth Doctoring Year 2 (Advanced Physical Exam)
- Lung Self-Assessment Test (with lung simulation,) Loyola University
- Pediatric Exam Video, Columbia University
- Pelvic Exam, Harvard Medical School
- Physical Exam and Interviewing Videos, University of Wisconsin
- Physical Exam Check List With Videos, University of Connecticut
- Physical Exam Videos, University of Virginia — Online videos demonstrating select aspects of the physical exam.
- Screening Physical Exam, Loyola University Medical Education — Review of physical examination techniques.
- Selected Physical Exam Techniques, Ohio State University — This site provides movies that demonstrate the physiology of heart sounds, eye anatomy and common retinal pathology, basic lung sounds, simulation of lung percussion, and an interactive BP simulator.
- Stanford 25 – Nice Detailed Descriptions of 25 key Physical Exam Maneuvers
- University of Florida Physical Exam Videos
- Virtual Patient Physical Exam Interactive Tutorials — Beth Israel Hosp/Harvard Med School .
- Harvard medical school PE modules: — breast, pelvic, abdomen, visual fields, neuro, mental status screen
The Oral Presentation
Clinical Decision Making
Progress Notes I
Progress Notes II
Complete History and Physical Exam 1-7
Physician Evaluation Form:
Download form here: Introduction to Clinical Medicin Evaluation Form
Please rate the trainee on a scale of 1-5 for the following duties:
(1) poor, (2) fair, (3) good, (4) very good, (5) outstanding
The exams will be pass or fail.
|Duties Required||Exam||Clinical Preceptor||Academic Preceptor|
|Introduction to Clinical Medicine|
|Effective Communication Skills|
|Patient-centered Interviewing Techniques|
|History of Present Illness|
|Past Medical History|
|Review of Systems|
|Head and Neck|
|The Eye Exam|
|The Heart Exam|
|The Lung Exam|
|Male Genital/Rectal Exam|
|Ankle and Foot|
|Mental Status Exam|
|History and Physical Examination Write-ups|
|Clinical Decision Making|
|Complete Physical Exam|